- Sakren’s work on display in Register Citizen Newsroom Cafe
- Register Citizen collects nearly 1,000 items for homeless ‘compassion kits’
- Help us map Torrington holiday light displays!
- Seeking nominations for the Register Citizen person of the year
- Jucevics is Newsroom Cafe’s artist of the month for December 2013
- Reception for Jim Koplar, November Artist of the Month, is tonight!
- What the Newsroom Cafe has taught us about improving local journalism
- Making the newsroom a center of community
- Our first day in the Register Citizen Newsroom Cafe
- Register Citizen to move office, open Newsroom Cafe
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Author Archives: mattderienzo
As it turns out, having coffee and pastries for sale ended up being one of the most minor changes to our newsroom over the past six months. The idea of turning our newsroom into a coffee shop got a lot … Continue reading
It’s been almost two months since The Register Citizen Newsroom Cafe opened at 59 Field Street, and we’re settling into the new routine of having a completely “open” newsroom. The heartbeat of the new culture and atmosphere our new offices … Continue reading
They used free public wifi to surf the web on laptops and iPads. They shared stories about the Flood of 1955 while looking at an exhibit of photos from our archives. They looked up birth announcements and police blotter items … Continue reading
TORRINGTON – The Register Citizen announced Wednesday morning that it is moving its offices to a new location in Torrington on Dec. 13 and launching a Newsroom Cafe, Community Media Lab, Community Journalism School and a Local News Library, free … Continue reading